Middle School 226 Virgil I. Grissom
Important Information: 9/19/2020
ALL STUDENTS WILL ATTEND CLASSES REMOTELY UNTIL 10/1/2020. NO STUDENTS SHOULD REPORT TO THE BUILDING UNTIL 10/1/2020.
On Thursday, the Chancellor and Mayor announced that all students will participate in remote instruction until 10/1/2020. No students will report to the school for their classes until that date.
All students will begin class remotely on Monday, 9/21/2020.
Students will follow their regular class schedule by logging in to different Google Classrooms for their subject areas at the times indicated on the bell schedule (available by clicking on the “Remote Learning” tab at the top of this page).
For students in an “R” class (i.e., 6R4) who opted for 100% remote learning, all periods labeled “synchronous” will include a live lesson from a teacher via Google Meet. The link for the meeting will be posted in the Google Classroom. Periods labeled “asynchronous” are opportunities for students to work on projects and assignments for their classes, or utilize digital programs such as IXL and Lexia.
PupilPath is now up and running. Families new to MS226 will receive an email with information about how to set up your account.
How to get assistance:
1) Schedules were provided to students during Friday’s orientation. If you still need your schedule, please click on the “Remote Learning” tab.
2) If you still need a device, please email MS226HelpDesk@virgilgrissom.com as soon as possible. This is also where you can send general questions.
3) If you have not received a phone call from us between August and now, that means that we do not have the correct phone number on file for you. Please email the help desk to provide this information.
We have a few very important announcements to share.
1) Blended instruction was scheduled to begin on 9/21/2020. On 9/17, the mayor and Chancellor released an updated school schedule.
BLENDED INSTRUCTION WILL NOW BEGIN ON 10/1/2020. NO STUDENT WILL REPORT TO MS226 FOR BLENDED LEARNING UNTIL 10/1/2020. WE ARE REVISING ALL CALENDARS AND MATERIALS TO REFLECT THIS NEW INFORMATION.
2) Student schedules will be posted in Google Classroom by the end of the day on Friday or sent to students’ Virgil Grissom accounts. This is the schedule they will follow for remote learning beginning on Monday. Again, all students will learn remotely at home following their regular schedule beginning on Monday. When we return to school, we will go back to the Cohort A/Cohort B/100% remote model.
3) The bell schedule will also be shared in Google Classroom. Students should take a picture of this or print it out so that they know the times of each of their classes.
4) Attendance will be taken during each period of synchronous (live) instruction. Live instruction will take place through Google Meet. Students must use their Virgil Grissom account.
5) Pupil Path is now up and running. 6th grade parents will receive invitations within the next few days.
6) If a student is having difficulty logging into their Google Account, please email MS226HelpDesk@virgilgrissom.com.
NYC Remote Learning Survey:
This is the survey that needs to be completed if you want your child to remain on remote instruction 100% of the time.
Middle School 226 Help Desk:
Please email this account if you have any questions or concerns. Please note that this is an email address, not a website. To send a message, please type in this address in a new email message.
Middle School 226 Uniforms:
Here is the website to order uniform items.
DOE Student Account
The DOE created email accounts for all students. They can use this account to access a variety of resources and applications. All students should activate their account using this link. Please note that they will need to know their student ID number.